Sunday 13 January 2008

A New Year a New Start.

( Jim and Ruben of Black Bic Biro )

Good afternoon and good day to you all. Well it is now 2008 and it looks to be a bumper year. Much will be happening and over the year I hope to build up my portfolio for my university application! Watch this space for folio additions.

Sadly due to hardware failure's I have been unable to keep this blog updated as I intended however as it is a new year I feel I can make amends and update this as it should be.
The year 2007 certainly ended with a bang with Miriam and I spending New Year in Edinburgh..
The day before we headed south (the 28th) there was a fantastic gig being held at the Norscot Angling Club where Shetland's premier Indie band Black Bic Biro were playing along side Shetland/Edinburgh rockers Little Green Machine and Edinburgh's City City Beat.
As Miriam was playing with BBB that night and I was unable to get tickets ( I left it too late) I was determined to get in.
Armed with my camera, a gobby mouth, 20 quid and a bit of charm I managed to blag myself and two friends jin. I could write for an eternity about what a brilliant night it was but I shant.
I shall keep it short and sweet
(Miriam Brett, Guest artist with Black Bic Biro)

Having only heard Black Bic Biro on a cd I was a little apprehensive about what to expect in regards to them playing live and with their style of music not what I'd normally listen to I was also somewhat sceptical about whether or not I would enjoy it. It turned out that I was not to be disappointed and that not only was their live perfomance most exciting it was evident as to why people think of them with such high regard. And bear in mind, these guys are all 18! Absolutely fanstastic! Roll on another gig!

Up next on the line up were City City Beat who with there shoeless shenanigings and topless tunananisms played a solid set that had everyone jumping! I really look forward to hearing them again.

Finally it was Little Green Machine to end the night, the grand finale and as ever they did not disappoint. Cat Myers was a demon on the drums and often appeared in a psychotic state; truly one with the beats. As ever Jack Sandison and Arthur Nicholson were on perfect form and at times it seemed not a single person was still within the building.
According to their bebo page they are currently producing a new EP and if it is anything like their previous album it will certainly be a must buy!

So all in all its been a mighty fine start to the year and with much anticipation for the comming months its certainly going to be a fun time.

No comments: